Data Breach Monitoring
Devastating website attacks are happening every single day and it’s getting worse. Protect your customer’s data, prevent massive fines and avoid reputational damage with RapidSpike Data Breach Monitoring.
Take action today, you cannot afford to wait until its too late.
Defend against Website Data Breach Attacks
Do you know when your customers’ personal and financial data
is being stolen from your website?
Magecart attacks, website skimming, form-jacking and supply chain attacks are happening every single day with many reported in the press causing huge reputational damage. The affected websites range from small online stores to large multinationals – no-one is safe.
Online businesses need to rapidly detect and alert when they have been compromised. This quick response should reduce exposure to the after-effects of a data breach.
RapidSpike’s Data Breach Monitor alerts you to attacks that compromise your website instantly.
Your customers are vulnerable to attack.
Who are the hacker groups behind the attacks?
The main hacking group behind these attacks is called Magecart although there are other groups.
Magecart type attacks have been gaining in frequency and scale since 2015, with recent breaches hitting news headlines and affecting businesses worldwide.
My website is secure. Why am I at risk of a breach?
This means you are only as secure as your ‘weakest’ third party.
Third-party scripts might include Marketing, Analytics, Code Libraries, Social Media, Customer Success, Video, Hosting, Payment Providers, Content Networks and many more.
How do the Magecart type breaches happen?
Both of these variants have been seen in recent attacks and it has been almost impossible to detect… until now.
Many More Businesses Will Suffer the Same Fate
There are many examples of data breaches where information was sent to untrusted destinations including major retailers, international businesses, global leading brands and small independent businesses:
- British Airways – The attack lasted for 16 days with 380,000 customers affected with huge press coverage.
- Newegg – The website was compromised for over 1 month with over 50 million users potentially breached.
- Ticketmaster – 40,000 customers were affected over 9 months with a 3rd party compromised.
- Sotheby’s – Customers were vulnerable for over 19 months.
- Discount Mugs – The website was hacked for over 4 months
In 2018, a member of the RapidSpike team’s family suffered from data theft and fraud during the Vision Direct data breach. The attack lasted for 5 days with around 6600 customers affected. After this, we decided to use our knowledge and experience in both website performance and security to create our Data Breach Monitoring solution, helping in the fight against one of the worlds most dangerous cyber threats.
Defend against Website Skimming, Formjacking & Supply Chain Attacks
RapidSpike monitors internal and third-party files – absolutely anything sending data from your website.
The RapidSpike Data Breach Monitor works by building a whitelist of calls made from your website.
We can then warn you if any new destination hosts appear. We look for changes which could indicate an attempted hack and alert you instantly as soon as it is detected.
Benefits of Data Breach Monitoring
Our team will help get your business monitoring quickly, to allow us to secure your website with the following benefits:
- Reduce the average time to detection from 12 days to under 5 minutes
- Ensure no malicious destinations get added to your website without your prior knowledge
- Detects website skimming, form-jacking and supply chain attacks
- Clear evidence for the ICO that you have taken steps to defend yourself
- You can’t secure what you don’t own – assure around your third-party supply chain
- Continuously monitor for changes before, during and after the event
- Research and Development into new threats on a weekly basis to ensure protection
- Comprehensive trusted and untrusted domains database to help you decide quickly who to trust
- Receive alerts of any issues in the format of your choice (Email, SMS, Voice, Slack and more)
Don’t Wait Until Its Too Late
Speak to one of our team today to find out how you can protect your business from the ever growing data breach threat.